What food to eat to help your skin.
Want to get a radiant glow? Do you wish to ease the appearance of wrinkles and help keep skin supple and soft? I can tell you how - one bite at a time.
1. Olive oil- Studies say people who consume olive oil over other choices of oil have 31% fewer signs of ageing.
2. Tomatoes- Improves the skins natural SPF, so it provides more protection against the sun.
3. Dark chocolate- Hydrates the skin, improves circulation and contains antioxidents.
4. Oatmeal- Causes you to secrete less oil in your skin in conjunction with a non sugary diet.
5. Green tea- Improves the elasticity in your skin and also contains antioxidants.
6. Walnuts- Contains omega-3 which is good for your skin because if you do not consume enough omega 3 your skin can get dry.
7. Orange peel- Has UV protection benefits.
8. Almond milk- Has anti-inflammatory properties which wont aggravate wrinkles and rashes.
9. Water- Most important as it hydrates your skin, makes the appearance of the skin look more plump and in return skin appears less wrinkled.
10. Eggs- Provide a good dose of protein and are low in fat.
11. Kiwi- Contains Vitamin C and stimulates collagen synthesis which relates to the skin's smoothness and taught appearance.
12. Pumpkin- A daily serve of pumpkin equates to 400% of your vitamin A intake. Vitamin A thickens and stimulates the dermis - where your collagen, elastin and blood vessels are- so it reduces wrinkles, it also slows down the breakdown of your collagen from normal aging.
13. Red wine- Contains antioxidant and anti-tumour properties?
14. Carrots- Give your skin a natural glow.
15. Broccoli- Contains Vitamin C and E.
Now there are plenty more foods that have great properties, I could list 100's , but these are foods commonly consumed on a daily basis.
*Statistics correct as of 2014.